This year is looking good for Porsche with a first victory at the 24 Hours of Daytona last weekend. The North America factory backed team took victory at the GTLM class with Richard Lietz, Nick Tandy and Patrick Pilet at the wheel of the Porsche 911 RSR (pictured above).
GTLM class standings:
1. Tandy/Lietz/Pilet (GB/A/F), Porsche 911 RSR, 679 laps
2. Priaulx/Auberlen/Hand/Martin (GB/USA/USA/B), BMW Z4 GTE, 679
3. Goossens/Farnbacher/Hunter-Reay (B/D/USA), Viper GTS-R, 675
4. Edwards/Müller/Rahal/Werner (USA/D/USA/D), BMW Z4 GTE, + 668
5. Gavin/Milner/Liddell (GB/USA/GB), Chevrolet Corvette, + 666
6. Bomarito/Bell/Wittmer (USA/GB/CAN), Viper GTS-R, + 653
7. Krohn/Jonsson/Bertolini/Dumbreck (USA/S/I/GB), Ferrari F458 Italia, 625
8. Turner/Mücke/Lamy/Stanaway/Della Lana (GB/D/NZ/CAN), Aston Martin, 610
As a reminder, the No. 555 Ferrari 458 GT from Team Level 5 Motorsport took the GTD Class victory during the same event.